Friday, August 18, 2006

CUVCOR09A - PRINT FUNDAMENTALS 3: Create a Bicycle Task - Section 2 (1a)

For this task we are asked by our Teacher to:

Construct a simple side-view of a Bicycle. You may use the Polar Gri
d Tool for the wheels.








I am using the above images for inspiration for this task as well as my childhood memories of massive bike stacks and evil kenevilism! I had 2 cool bikes while growing up on Nth Stradbroke Island at Dunwich & Myora. A Mongoose BMX which I caned over burms and a Purple & Orange Malvern Star Dragster (Chopper) for cruising round to mates' places & getting up to lots of mischief. I always had to double someone either on the handle bars, or when I got pegs, on the back holding on for dear life as we took off out to Point Lookout to go surfing. I have had heaps of stacks and many scars to prove it. We also had a crazy sport we called Jetty-Jumpin' - a rope tied to your ankle and then connected to the seat post. Peddle as fast as you can right to the end of the jetty gettting as much AIR as possible and Yehah!!! It was a little painful at times landing incorrectly but it was the thrill of trying to jump the highest and the furtherest and living to boast about it, that kept us dedicated to our death-defying feats. Sharks were spotted on one particular day circling the jetty at Dunwich - so consequently no more jetty-jumpin'for me! I actually haven't been on a bike in ages - apart from the excercise bike that sits in the entertainment area collecting dust!
This is an image of the Dunwich Jetty on a very misty cold day.


So this is what I came up with - very basic bike but with practise I hope to improve!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home